A+ Certified | USMC Veteran
7238 West 550 South
Owensville, IN 47665-8737
US Work Status
Hardware: Linux | ATX | Unix | DOS | Windows | Towers | Laptops | Tablets | Smartphones | Servers (Blade and Drive, among others)
Operating Systems: AIX | Android Mobile | Linux | mainframes | Sun Microsystems | Unix | WiCat | Windows (version 1.0 through 10 + Windows Phone 7)
Programming Languages: Basic | C+
Remote Desktop Support Software: Join.me | Logmein + Logmein Rescue | MSP Anywhere | TeamViewer | Windows Remote Desktop Connection | Office Software: Corel Office Suite | LibreOffice | Lotus SmartSuite | Microsoft Office Suite | Microsoft Works | Open Access | Open Office | ThinkFree Office | Miscellaneous Software: Server Software | Domain | workstation | spiceworks | peachtree | QuickBooks | Quicken | exchange server | SQL | Skype | limited adobe suites | citrix software (various) | CRM software (various) | Among Othe
A+ Comp TIA | Dell | DOS | Ethical Hacker | IBM | HP Certified | Windows 2-3+ | Windows XP | Windows 7 | Windows 8 | Windows 10
Women’s Computer Consulting, D.B.A. Owensville, IN
Owner, Sole Proprietorship 1994 - Present
As an independent consultant, fixes and improves computer systems for individuals and small companies, both in-person and remotely.
- Manages a client base of 300 loyal customers, many of whom are not tech-savvy and need a trusted technician.
- Repairs both hardware and software, scans for and removes computer viruses, performs upgrades as necessary.
- Trains clients on a wide variety of topics, running the gamut from using software such as MS Office, to safe browsing practices to prevent malicious attacks.
- Beta-tested MSP Anywhere SaaS, providing feedback on UI/UX functionality.
WOW! Inc. Owensville, IN
IT Support Technician, Level 3 November 2015 - November 2016
Completed a 1 year contract providing in-depth SME knowledge on highly technical problems, and fixing problems that others can’t solve.
- Provided company support and technical issue resolution via email, phone, web.
- Built rapport and elicited problem details from non-technical and technical customers alike.
- Provided timely, efficient and pleasant follow up to user questions and issues, managing incidents to closure.
- Documented all incidents in the incident tracking system.
- Deployed software for test and production uses, including installation, configuration, running, testing, and making necessary changes.
- Assisted in generating training materials and customer facing documentation.
- Acted as a SME for Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support.
Various Owensville, IN
POS Technician Subcontractor February 2004 - December 2016
- Installed new POS stations for companies such as Staples EZ Tech, Installs, INC, Work Market, Field Nation, and OnForce.
MyComputerWorks Scottsdale, AZ
Remote Tech, Senior Level July 2014 - December 2014
In July 2014, MyComputerWorks acquired TechButler. As a Senior Remote Tech, assisted with the transition.
- Integrated client base post-acquisition, weaning clients off of regular contact and streamlining with the new team.
- Continued job duties from TechButler.
TechButler (Remote) Dallas, TX
Director of Technology February 2013 - July 2014
- Delivered personalized IT infrastructure support for customer base from a centralized facility using remote capabilities and leading-edge automation tools.
- Ensured accurate and up-to-date delivery of information.
- Assisted users in solving all computer-related problems through remote login, over the phone and by email.
- Diagnosed and troubleshooted all common PC related problems.
- Assisted with PC, network hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Responded to end user community queries.
- Assisted in testing and deploying software upgrades on all systems.
- Documented helpdesk issues and administered timely follow-up to resolution.
SupportSpace, Ltd. (Remote) Dallas, TX
Technical Support Expert, Tier 3 September 2010 - February 2012
- Repaired both hardware and software, scanned for and removes computer viruses, and performed upgrades as necessary.
BASF Washington, NJ / Bethlehem, PA
PC Support / Team Lead February 2008 - July 2008
- Provided quality control and change control.
- Created machine accounts in Active Directory.
- Resolved client and migration process issues.
- Changed control over the migration checklist documentation.
- Setup and configured the migration room and network.
- Acted as a single point of contact for technical questions or issues pertaining to the scope of services.
- Provided strong knowledge of workstation data migration and data cleansing tools and techniques.
- Experience using Ghost for PC builds and deployments, support of WIN XP and moves, adds, changes for large groups of users.
Everly Originals Newton, NJ
IT Director June 2006 - February 2008
- Installed 2 servers, setup active directory, MS Exchange, QuickBooks enterprise, among others.
- FTP services, TrendMicro security for the company, including upgrading to these services and XP Pro for 42 computers.
- Planned and implemented additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure company-wide in coordination with corporate leadership.
- Oversaw the implementation of network security at the corporate level.
FastNet ISP Newton, NJ
Team Lead October 2004 - January 2006
- Identified and solved dial-up, DSL, and hosting issues of call-in customers.
- Helping customers with new systems, methods and software.
- Fixed computer problems related to customer's ISP or Operations.
WebMD Evansville, IN
Software Technician February 2000 - April 2003
- Fixed problems related to both Unix and DOS/Windows Systems.
- Citrix interface with remote login fix and procedures.
- Installed both Computer Hardware and Software.
- Trained clients and other personnel on Windows software.
Vincennes University Vincennes, IN
Associate’s of Science Degree May 1982
United States Marine Corps Various
CPL, Military Police Honorable Discharge July 1976 - February 1980